Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cross The Story
"An Overdrive is power, but unlike many it is not born within you, it is independent and sentient. There are 6 of them, and each have different requirements for a host, if one contains the requirement, then that being can succeed the power. For this one, the requirement is to have lost so much."
Destiny look at her. "I wasn't born with this?" "What the hell are you talking about?" "I have had this, this flame for as long as I can remember, and your telling me that I was never born with it!" Destiny was beyond pissed right now. She couldn't believe it. How did I get then? Why did I get it?
"When the owner of the powers died, it will be succeeded by the closest person who contains the requirement." Ora looked at her with sympathy, it must be hard, to be reminded of a sad memory.

"You gained it at such a young age."
Destiny looked at her.

"So the reason why I have this power is because I lost everything, I ever loved?" "That makes no since!" "Why would that ever be the case with this power?"

Then she thought. Arthur and Kankuro, They must have lost the same thing, but Kankuro is different he's not even Kankuro when he fights."

"No one understands why the requirements are as they are. I know that it must be cruel to have something that might constantly remind you of such sad memories, but it is something you must live with." The atmosphere was melancholy, but it was expected with this type of information.

"Let's keep going." she said as she turned around to continue walking.
Destiny didn't argue, she followed behind the women, she wanted to know where they were going but she also didn't want to talk to this lady. So she kept her mouth shut and kept walking behind her.

Slowly as the light inside her, and her flames want to help, but Destiny knew that if she did that then she would be wasting energy.
God I could be a little more sympathetic, and less harsh but the truth is very harsh, it can't be described any other way.

Ora stopped, and placed her hand on the sliding door. It glowed and then opened.

"Your friend Arthur is in here."
Destiny went wide eyed. "Arthur!" She ran to him but then she noticed that there are things working on him. That was it, he didn't have those when she left the hospital.

"What did you do to him and what are you doing now?" Her flames came up all around her. She only had a little bit left but if it was to protect Arthur than she could do it.
"I forcibly made him made come, he is a very stubborn man."

"Put your flames down, you don't enough energy to make a scratch."
Destiny looked at Arthur, "You shouldn't have done that." That was all she said before she let her flames die down. She still standing near him. Wake up soon Arthur She thought.
Medical procedures normally take a long time, but with advanced technology it just takes a while, theres even a little pinch at the end for immediate waking. :D (I love the fictional future!) And good timing, the arms retracted back and reattached to the sides of the bed.

(Jeshua... you scare me sometimes. And I hate medical stuff now ;o; )

Arther awoke strapped down to a table, head throbbing. However, it was clear all his wounds had been healed, and Destiny was standing over him with "Ora."

He nodded at Destiny as best he could before saying to Ora, "Mind releasing me now? I think I deserve to know what the hell is going on."

He looked at Destiny for a moment, and saw somethingin her eyes...

"You know, don't you, Destiny...?"
Destiny looked at Arthur. She nodded her head. "I only know what she told me and that isn't a lot." She looked at Arthur and hugged him. "I'm just glad that you are ok."
"The truth can't be hidden:

-That who has nothing.
-That who has cursed blood.
-That who lives for others.
-That who must fight.
-That who lost all.
-That who must see beyond what can' be seen.

Those are the requirements in succeeding the powers. Once a host is found, they are bounded by a covenant, it will remain in you until you die."
Arther remained silent. He had known about it since he'd first gained his abilities, but to learn each had a specific role and host was something he had never thought of before.

"Then..." he said. "Who is who? Who else has one of these, and under which definition do we each fall?"