Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Paranormal
Are you a "contactee?" Have you had an encounter with a spirit? Have you seen a creature that according to Science does not exist? If you've got a story to share, or are just a fan of the paranormal, this is the topic for you.

So, go for it.
I believe in ghosts. 0_o I know it sounds silly but I do.
yup i think my house is haunted but thats also why i hate and trying 2 get my mom 2 move
I had/have a ghost in my house! He was mad because some guys burned a board with his name on it, (he built our house, along with the others in our "Cul de sac"), and spooked the contractors away from our home. Which was a good, because they turned out to be bad men...

Sarah knows what I'm talking about... >.<
Indeed I do, but I've never personally encountered him. Maybe the next time I come over your house we could conduct an investigation?
And after you do that, you will tell me right?!??!
Certainly.

But really, does anyone have any ides on what a ghost actually is? Any theories as to what causes them to exist?
Well I think that they really don't take form they are just there. As for why they exist, that could be a number of things. You know they were not supposed to be killed but really were. Or they could have killed some else and they fell guilty. It could be any number of things.
So you think that ghosts are the souls of the dead? I agree, but have you ever heard of residual energy?
0_o No I have not. What is it?
Well, from what I understand, everyone gives off a certain ammount of psychic energy. And if it's strong enough, it leaves a sort of phycic impression on a place. So say you were murdered, and your emotions were out of control or something. Chances are, a phycic will be able to pick up on that, and it could lead to a residual haunting.

A reudual haunting is one where it is incapable of directly interacting with people. It's just a certain event that happens over and over again, even when the people in it have moved on to the afterlife, or rebirth. Sometimes you can see it happen, but that's rare.
I agree on the souls of the dead theory... with a tiny exception.

You ever hear those stories of houses being "haunted" not by ghosts, but demons?
Houses being haunted by demons. Well now that is something new. No I don't think I have ever herd of that.
i think that ghostes go to were they died/lived or if they had a grudge and keep it until they die they stay were that person is!!but that is also me i dont know about u guys
A house haunted by demons is very very rare. Usually, it takes place when either a soul unable to pass on becomes a minor demon due to it's evil nature in life, or when there's some sort "portal" between the human realm and wherever they come from. Both types of hauntings are very similar, but a demonic haunting mimics a normal one, and sometimes that can make it harder to find the cause. The goal of the demon is usually to tear the family appart, so just a warning to others if it ever happens to you: No matter how bad tings seem, stick together.

Of course, people should add to the discussion, I'm no expert.